Tired of sweaty beads trickling down, making their way to your expensive earphones and disabling them for life? Yeah, it happened to my JVC earphones once. I got pissed off, disappointed and ready to order something inexpensive and highly efficient.
Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i Review for Gym Goers and Soccer Moms
It is never a good time for your earphones to give up when you’re in the middle of your last rep or an intense cardio session. Here you are depending on your favorite soundtrack, hoping to push you through. What usually happens next? The moment your sweat makes contact with the earphone’s innards, the music simply stops crooning in…
Swiping off moisture on workout earphones won’t help much – same goes for agitation and anger spasms. So much for a blood-pumping workout; so much for tuning in on ‘9 Inch Nails’ or your favorite pop diva’s intoxicating vocals.
Looking for the Perfect Alternative?
Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i earphones come with an exclusive built for workout enthusiasts. Simply put, these earphones are immune to sweat, moisture, shaky wobbles that loosen the grip on your ears and so much more. Of course, the list doesn’t stop here; you’d have to read the full list of Sennheiser workout earphones benefits:
The Good Stuff about Sennheiser Adidas Workout Headphones/ Earphones?
- Exclusive Earfin™ Technology: Sennheiser’s very own Earfin™ technology ensures a tight grip. After all, if any pair of earphones keep falling off while you are coursing your way through a treadmill, what’s the purpose of using them? Sennheiser took special care of the package when developing the Adidas CX 680i model; it can be adapted to fit any type of ear shape.
- Noise Isolation at Its Best! These Sennheiser workout earphones block their way through a variety of environmental sounds. The clatter of plates, barbell rod clangs, dumbbell thumps and chitter-chatter of time-wasting soccer moms – it’s all in there. The high energy Adidas CX 680i earphones can help withstand noise up to 20Db range, all the way through to your ear sensitive ear canals.
- Kevlar Cabling: The DuPont Kevlar Cabling adds reinforcement to the entire earphone’s wiring structure. This new construction safely guarantees that the earphone wire can allow sudden tugs, free movement and an array of motions that would either pop the earphones out of place or disable their performance forever!
Why we Love Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i Noise Cancelling Earphones So Much?
Take the following steps as your personal guide to purchasing workout earphones. You will never regret choosing something that eventually falls through the following tight cracks:
- The earphones should never, or hardly, fall out of place during strenuous exercises. Not only does it break your workout tempo, but also ceases full focus and results in mood swings that could have been put to good use…Sweatproof built should guarantee long life and unparalleled performance day in; day out.
- A comfortable grip is everything. You don’t really want a pair of headphones/ earphones that would grip the life out of your ears.
- Affordable pricing.
- Sound quality and superior appearance for a finished look. The earphones are not supposed to look tacky.
Your pair of Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i comes in where others don’t. Sennheiser, apart from this particular model, released an entire line of Adidas headphones and earphones, which are meant for people who are normally soaked in sweat by the end of demanding exercise sessions.
When I bought the CX 680i, I kind of splurged right after testing them at my local e-mart. I knew I wanted these earphones because they fulfilled the above requirements perfectly. The guys, whom I exercise with, have their workouts lined up as Cardio, Weightlifting and lot of free movement exercises.
Let me go through what you will get after ordering these awesome earphones:
- 30’’ Symmetrical Cord
- Straight Jack Universal Connector for iPod, iPhone, HTC Mobile, etc. Earphone Connections
- Small, Medium, Large Size Earfins – 3 Sets
- Velcro Protective Casing/ Carrying Pouch
- Cleaning Kit/ Tool for Long Lasting Life
- 24’’ Extender with Vol. Control and “L” Jack
The first thing that you will notice is the use of Sennheiser Adidas earphone cord without extension. You can clip the extension in, but mostly it leaves a tangled mess behind. The best way is to stick the cord to the armband or your shirt and forget about it. Run for an hour or two, or do your workout without worrying about anything obtrusive.
Secondly, with the iPod Nano or a mobile phone connected to these earphones, the next big concerns are volume and playlists. All thanks to the three-volume control and Mic buttons, you can adjust custom settings at a moment’s whim. The volume dial is very resistant – Its tough circular motion was implemented by Sennheiser to avoid accidental increase or decrease of volume.
The only possible “downside” to owning the CX 680i is a bit of confusion surrounding Ear Bud selection. It is going to take trial and error to finally find the pair of earbuds that suit your needs. The Ear Fins hardly move once they’re settled in a place. During my 2 hour cardio, I only had to adjust the Ear Fin on the left ear once because it kind of slipped a little – no big deal for me.
As for the cleaning tool that comes with the Adidas CX 680i, it is to be tested yet. These earphones don’t let dust and grime particles clutter in easily. You can crunch out long-lasting performance without paying too much attention to spraying them with dust cleaners every now and then.
Major CX 680i Earphones Ranking Factors:
Sweat Proof Build:
If it is a sweat resistance workout earphone that you are looking for, then this is it. The swabby earbuds provide comfort to ears, without compromising on resisting sweat/ moisture exposure. There is a rubberized texture to these earphones, which is perhaps one of the main reasons as to why the sweat just slides away without getting absorbed at any level.
Even if at some point, your sweat manages to disable the Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i functionality, you can always return the product. Sennheiser offers a 2-year warranty on the Adidas CX 680i, while others normally provide a 90-day warranty.
So light and so feathery that you won’t even notice that you’re wearing them!
Even at $60, some people think that Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i price is a bit high. However, while I was looking for workout headphones, many models were listed above $100 and $70. If you want to buy the CX 680i or any other Adidas series Sennheiser earphones model at their cheapest, buy them online. Usually, people have listed them at a bargain price at Amazon.
Simply superb, the sound quality sits in there with the rest of the package. The bass is ‘muddy’, which doesn’t take a toll on your eardrums after hours of listening. The best thing is, of course, the noise isolation capability of these earphones. You can look forward to exercising your muscle shreds to tears without any second thoughts.
In the end, the Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i is a great combination of innovation, technology, and convenience for people on the move. The earphones have a 30 Day trial period; your ‘Get out of Jail’ free card if you are considering buying something else. Try them, buy them and appreciate them for years to come.