This year’s recent summer season took an unusual bend. The overall heat and the abundant amount of profusion were at an all-time high. We’re talking about dealing with constant heat and walking at a day’s stretch. Speaking of “walking”, for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis, things are a little complicated.
At one hand, you cannot give up on your daily work and real-life routine, while at the same time the heel pain is definitely going to make you bite the bullet. However, we invested a lot of time looking for specific footwear that’d help our dedicated readers alleviate their foot pain.
Plantar Fasciitis Sneakers Are a Big Deal:
While plantar fasciitis has earned a bad rep for being a painful experience for people, you should know that it is not a “lifelong” issue. With proper care and appropriate footwear, you can reduce the pain until it doesn’t hurt that much. At least, not to an extent where you aren’t able to walk or sprint around on your favorite trekking ventures.
Having said that, if this is your first time on the lookout for best sneakers for plantar fasciitis, there are a couple of things to bear in mind.
- Ideally, your shoes should have good arch support.
- Plush cushioning or padded insoles are an added perk.
- If you are a jogger, chunky heels with shock absorption are an absolute must.
Here’s A ‘Shocking’ Revelation…
Do you see all those major brands, such as; Nike, ASICS, Adidas? Sorry to break it to you, but most of these companies do not create plantar fasciitis specific shoes. It’s not that they are not aware of this lingering issue; they usually target masses who wish to get by with wearing normal footwear.
However, there is good news. We scrounged up the top 10 best sneakers for plantar fasciitis in this post specifically for you. Some of the manufacturers among the top footwear brands “do” listen to their customers. While these companies don’t market the end product as such, they showcase a noticeable percentage of shoes that only cater to the needs of people with plantar fasciitis.
Our recommended shoes have a lot in common with key features to help keep the aching pain at bay. Things like heel cup base with shock absorbers underneath and an overall lightweight profile are some of the main traits of best sneakers for plantar fasciitis. You can run/walk as much as you want – and that too without feeling any pain at all.
According to Hillary Brenner, a New York-based podiatrist, “When you are looking for plantar fasciitis sneakers, you don’t want to bend the shoe like a burrito. It should be resilient and light enough to assist you day in-day out.”
What to Look For When Choosing the Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis?
If you ask us, it is kind of a doozy. You won’t be able to get specific shoes, sneakers or any kind of footwear with a 100% accurate description for plantar fasciitis. However, some key features, as we already mentioned earlier in this post, really bring things to a great start.
If you haven’t been diagnosed by a podiatrist, some of the common symptoms of plantar fasciitis are, but not limited to:
- Swelling at or around the heels.
- Redness and constant inflammation around the soles.
- Excess sweating.
- Pain while climbing or going down a slope. The same concept applies to walking up or down the stairs.
If the answer is yes, your first stop should be a high-quality footwear retailer. While the treatment starts with moderate care and a little bit of rest and medication, the kind of sneakers you’ll wear throughout the day will make a huge difference.
How to Choose the Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis:
TL: DR; Don’t take this list for word to word; there are tons of other shoes available in the market. It’s just that the ones we recommended in this post have a very high customer satisfaction rate. After all, we would never push our readers to a product that we don’t feel comfortable with.
Our top 10 best sneakers for plantar fasciitis were selected through a rigorous process. We surveyed the market and asked a lot of questions from people suffering from this issue. It all simmers down to selecting a pair of comfy sneakers that have the appended features:
- Plantar fasciitis sneakers should ideally have cupping support at the heels.
- Ideally, the soles should be removable.
- High heels are a big NO; flats and heels should only go up to 2 inches.
- Look for modern technology gimmicks in your sneakers, such as; rocking motion and rapid shock absorption.
- Padded footbeds with appropriate contouring to match the shape of your feet.
Last but not least, no matter how cool your sneakers really are, if they don’t have enough support for your arches, you’re going to have to discard them. What’s the point of wearing something that doesn’t really nip plantar fasciitis in the bud? Even if it’s a pair of dandy looking sandals, they need to have a padded back strap with an adjustable support system for maximum relief.
When you are looking for plantar fasciitis sneakers, you don’t want to bend the shoe like a burrito. It should be resilient and light enough to assist you day in-day out.
”Top 10 Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis:
While we encourage you to survey the market for plantar fasciitis sneakers on your own, we do, however, have a shortlisted recommendation. These 10 plantar fasciitis sneakers were tried, tested and reviewed to our satisfaction before highlighting in this post.
On a funny note, it rhymes with “bionic”, but what really makes Vionic Kona a personal recommendation is their attention to detail.
On the outside, the shoes look like any ordinary pair, but with a couple of key point exceptions that make them an ideal go-to choice for plantar fasciitis.
- High-quality fabric build.
- Rubber sole design that adapts to the shape of your foot.
- Vionic’s exclusive Vio Motion Support introduced at the heel and arch section of the shoes. This allows for maximum contact with the base of the foot, without leaving any gaps in between.
- Available in different size, colors and an overall attractive visual appeal.
Vionic Kona may just be your favorite plantar fasciitis sneakers because of their sporty profile combined with a sleek elegant feel. It’s like wearing sneakers that are somewhere in between trendy and casual; a perfect blend of aesthetics makes them all the more comfortable for a majority of female audience from all over the world.
Price: $80 – $99
Overall Rating: 4 Out of 5 Stars
What’ the Catch?
Although Vionic’s plantar fasciitis lineup has a high satisfaction rate, sometimes size can be a bit of an issue if you are ordering online. Make sure you are following the size chart so that you don’t end up with sneakers that look damn comfy but are a nightmare to trot around in!
There ain’t nothing better than wearing a pair of breathable Brook’s Men Ghost 11 series plantar fasciitis sneakers. Brooks is manmade, which means that each and every pair was created by stellar engineers who kept your needs in mind.
If you are a woman, or a man, who has been suffering from heel and tendon pains, those days are long gone.
Well, not exactly “over”, but from what we hear a lot; most of the customers reported of pain cessation after a week or two of wearing Brooks Women’s Ghost 11 – or Men’s Ghost 11 for that matter.
Fun Fact: Did you know that most of the plantar fasciitis sneakers end up causing more damage? The reason is excess support. Many manufacturers overdo on making the shoes way too comfortable. Doing so causes the feet to weaken further. As a result, it will do you more harm because you won’t be able to walk without them.
In that realm regard, Brooks Ghost series has managed to maintain a stellar rating because their sneakers are not too comfortable, but also not too damn stiff at the same time. Within a week or two of wearing these sneakers, you will reportedly experience high resistance against plantar fasciitis.
Brooks Ghost 11 has a carefully designed rubber sole. It has a soft feel while allowing the base of the shoes to maintain their original shape without bending too much.
- Designed for maximum protection against plantar fasciitis.
- Brooks’ Ghost sneakers and shoes have thousands of satisfied customer reviews at various online retailer websites.
- Amazing split design that runs along the middle and down the heel to distribute shock over the entire length of the sneakers.
- Noticeable reduction in severe heel pain after using Brooks Ghost.
$80 – $90.99
Why Brooks are Worth Trying?
Brooks usually creates footwear for people suffering from different issues. Plantar fasciitis is just another norm on their list. The Ghost series product lineup was designed and manufactured after consulting with medical professionals. As a result, these shoes have top-notch orthotic support as one of their many other perks.
Z-Coil is a brandless heard of among the majority of people who are not suffering from heel pain. However, if you have plantar fasciitis, you should definitely give Z-Coil a shot. They are worth a try.
Why so? If you must ask, check out Z-Coil’s entire product lineup at Amazon and other retailer websites. These guys have created a bunch of nifty plantar fasciitis sneakers, shoes, and sandals with very trendy designs. For instance, if you look at the Z-Coil Boots section, alone, you will notice a dedicated shock absorbent heel system.
Z-Coil experts claim that you can walk around, run and even jump without fussing over pangs of pain in your heels. Our only “gripe” with Z-Coil sneakers is that they are relatively expensive as compared to other products available online.
On the same note, we think that there’s no price tag on comfort and pain relief – so, do try on a pair of Z-Coil as soon as it’s convenient for you.
- Some of the best running, walking and casual footwear designs.
- The entire Z-Coil product lineup is categorized to help attend the needs of people suffering from plantar fasciitis, general heel pain, and torn limb(s) recovery.
- Some of the Z-Coil sneakers have Toffler Stiff Grip technology to prevent any slips.
- Extra adaptive cushioning is available over a variety of rocker bottom models. Make sure you consult with a Z-Coil corresponded before selecting your shoes.
- Built in, long lasting orthotic protection.
Typically somewhere between $200 – $350
What’s the Catch?
Okay, Z-Coil shoes may look “funny” because of the bulging heel design. However, “funny” and “weird” are just a manner of perspective. If they are comfortable, work as advertised and don’t cause too much hassle, just go for them! You won’t regret it.
Do you know why Mizuno named their ever-popular plantar series “Sayonara”? Aside from the fact that it sounds like an expression right out of a badass action flick, Sayonara has always maintained a strong reputation for treating plantar fasciitis.
On the outside, Mizuno Men’s Wave Sayonara looks like an ordinary pair of running shoes. They have a high-quality mesh top at the front side; your typical laces and a comfy padded top for the upper side of the foot.
However, the real magic happens at the base. Mizuno has introduced its signature ‘Parallel Wave Technology’ for maximum shock absorption. Top it all off with a rubber sole that aligns perfectly with the 3.1 Inch shaft, and you are looking at more than just a wearable pair of shoes for years to come.
- Imported Brand.
- Manmade for maximum comfort and pain relief.
- Affordable price range.
- Parallel Wave Technology combined with mid-section foot wrap protection.
- Overall long shelf life and even longer durability factor.
- Lightweight profile to help encourage running and brisk walk.
Price: Anywhere between $90.00 to $200.00
Whether you are looking to go for Saucony’s signature women series or Guide ISO 2 series, both models are introduced with parallel plush cushioning. The collar and top side are padded with a breathable high-quality mesh layer.
Our only recommendation is to wear thin ankle fitting socks instead of going for conventional thick cotton ones. Saucony sneakers have a warm feeling. Therefore, wearing thick layers will result in profuse sweating. The company wanted to alleviate plantar fasciitis pain through the combination of “warmth” and comfort that runs along the entire length of heel, arch and footbed.
Some of the ISO Guide 2 styles have a reflective strip. It looks elegant and resembles that ‘glow in the dark’ visual appeal. However, while doing so, they kept in mind that these sneakers are going to be worn by women within an adult category age range.
- Designed, developed and engineered for daily casual use. You can adorn them to walk on roads and uneven terrain with just as much comfort as any other pair of sneakers.
- Saucony Guide ISO 2 is the revised version of the remarkable Guide ISO product lineup.
- Various support styles are included in different areas of stability.
- Plush cushioning style.
- Nice visual themes to go along with your outdoorsy look.
$58.00 – $160.
Available at Zappos, Woot, and Amazon, Dansko has maintained an overall high customer satisfaction rate due to a number of valid reasons. Part of the reason for recommending this brand of footwear is because of their stylish visual appeal factor going on.
Do you know how a typical pair of clogs look? Dull, right? Instead of anything as minuscule as a black or brown color theme, Dansko created most of its plantar fasciitis shoes to reflect a sense of fashion among their loyalists.
For instance, the tooled clogs are a feat of a multi-colored top with custom intricate designing from top to bottom. Meanwhile, the men’s series adorns a fashion sense with a reflective tint surface. As the dapper man walks around with a set of Danskos, he can be sure of maintaining poise and masculinity alongside a constant pain relief factor going on at the base of his feet.
- 100% genuine leather build.
- Custom designs available in a wide range. Make sure you contact Dansko for personalized order.
- Padded collar instep, polyurethane sole, and an even cushioned layer.
- Long-lasting durability.
- The platform usually measures 0.75 Inches, while the heel has a varied length.
Price: $90 – $160+
What’s the Catch?
Since its leather, you can get scuff and cosmetic marks on the sneakers. However, there’s nothing that a tad bit of polishing and regular maintenance doesn’t fix, right? Take care of your Danskos and they will thwart your plantar fasciitis conundrums day in- day out.
Once again, we are recommending another set of Vionic sneakers, but with the added exception of a totally different concept. The Walker series is our personal best because they have a removable orthotic layer. If you are not too comfortable, or your plantar fasciitis pain has abated, you can try walking around this footwear to strengthen the core of your feet.
By the way, the Orthotic layer comes with rigid motion control and shock absorbers to minimize pain and maximize muscle strength. Doctors normally recommend Vionic Orthaheel Walkers to people who have recently endured ligament and tendon injury. In that sense, these shoes target a wider range of audience from both sexes.
- Durable rubber build with a padded outsole and a cushioned insole.
- Removable orthotic pad.
- Made from 100% imported genuine leather.
- Certified with AMPA standards.
- Recommended by podiatrists from all over the world.
- Very high percentage of glowing reviews from customers at different online retailer websites.
Price: Anywhere between $59.99 to $150+
New Balance created the MW928 series specifically for men. But fear not, if you are a woman who’s longing to get rid of plantar fasciitis, you can check out the company’s MW Women’ series. Nonetheless, the MW928 Walking Shoes feature state-of-the-art New Balance Co. ROLLBAR and ABSORB technology.
ROLLBAR was engineered to distribute incoming jolts/ shocks that naturally occur as a result of brisk walking. The latter was helped to maximize shock absorption specifically around the heel and arch area. These shoes are a perfect match for casual wear for security personnel, professionals and regular customers.
New Balance sneakers and shoes don’t lean too much on stylistic visual appeal. Their footwear has an elegant decent look to serve the needs of the male audience on the lookout for that “humility” factor.
- Featuring exclusive ROLLBAR and ABSORB technology.
- Seamless odor resistant padded cushioning. No matter how sweaty your feet are, bad smell should be the least of your worries by the end of the day.
- 100% genuine leather build.
- 33 Inch shaft measurement make New Balance MW928 an ideal fit for height conscious folks.
Price: $100 – $280
ASICS has been our personal favorite brand for a long time now – Not that we are recommending their footwear on a whim; it’s just that they are very likable in every sense possible. When we reviewed the company’s Gel Resolution 6 series for plantar fasciitis, we knew that the results were going to be pretty good.
Although the name suggests that these sneakers are only made for Tennis lovers, they do, however, go along with all kinds of occasions. Part of the reason for recommending ASICS is because of the Signature GEL technology. It is combined with Solyte midsole shock absorbent pads that have a knack for reducing pain.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 6 is the sixth reiteration of the Resolution series sneakers. With each revision, the company consults with customers suffering from plantar fasciitis and then strives to give an overhaul to the look and feel of the shoes, while staying loyal to the core factor.
- Genuine synthetic build quality to reflect that “leathery” look.
- Available in highly elegant color profiles. Try wearing them under a pair of golf khakis; you won’t regret it.
- Highly durable AHAR outsole.
- ASICS Co.’ Signature Gel technology.
- Extended flexible fix assists sneakers in enduring wear and tear factor around the top folds.
Price: $99.00 – $ 210+
Author Note: Please bear in mind that these shoes are somewhat expensive. Despite 47 Amazon reviews, most of em’ are positive. So, that’s why I wrote about them. I hope you have no qualms with Nike being my favorite brand too. Lol.
Nike’s is a well-received brand in the market for decades now. They recently introduced the Vapor 9.5 series, which doesn’t have a lot of customer reviews, but they are growing in number. Therefore, there’s no need to be a skeptic and all.
The company has always maintained separate brand profiles dedicated to supporting people from all walks of life. If we talk about the Vapor series, they were engineered to alleviate plantar fasciitis pain related issues. These sneakers accompany a very lightweight holistic design topped off with customized arch support.
Not every pair of Nike Vapor 9 feels the same way. Since your foot shape is unique to your body, the Vapor 9.5’s midsole and insole adapt to the contours of your feet within no time. It also means that if your friend borrows your Nike’s for a weekend run on the track, he, or she, might complain about the “sneakers not feeling right.”
- Excellent shock absorption.
- Dynamic glove-like fit.
- Adaptable build quality that favors foot contours easily.
- Extremely lightweight profile. Carrying a Nike Vapor 9.5 feels as if you are resting a feather on your palm.
- Odor resistant polyurethane finishing.
Price: $125.00 – $160+
How to Know Your Sneakers Beforehand!
We tried our best to come up with recommendations based on our own experiences. While it’s not true that all of our writers are suffering from a severe case of plantar fasciitis, we did survey the market to find out what usually works for such individuals.
In summation, if you are unfortunate enough to bear the brunt of a lingering heel ache, don’t worry. It is only temporary. It can be permanent if you are not careful with how you treat your feet, but a few pointers can serve you a long way.
- Always ensure that you are buying from a trusted source.
- Plantar fasciitis is treatable.
- Consult with other online users at Plantar Fasciitis forums to see what works for them.
- Never ever compromise on quality. If it takes a few extra bucks to get rid of the pain, take it as a big reward.
- If you are an athlete, then go for running + walking sneakers.
- Always buy two pairs of plantar fasciitis sneakers. Since this is a sensitive issue, you don’t want to rely on your only good pair during emergency circumstances!
Shopping for best sneakers for plantar fasciitis on the internet can be a bit of a challenge. You are restricted to visual cues and other “stellar” features that manufacturers usually write down underneath their product description.
The best way to curb this issue is by taking a look around at the retailers’ webpage. Are other customers satisfied? Is there a high percentage of positive reviews? Does the company have a legit profile? Things like these and a sense of intuition will eventually help you to get the best plantar fasciitis sneakers in no time.
But hey, if you are still confused, shoot us an email or leave a comment in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you. Good luck.